7417 Baltimore Ave.
College Park, MD 20740
208 York Rd.
Towson, MD 21204
125 N Main St.
Blacksburg, VA 24060
720 West Grace St.
Richmond, VA 23220
1370 University Ave.
Morgantown, WV 26505
11802 Bruce B Downs Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33612
2025 Guadalupe St.
Austin, TX 78705
- How does the Cash Now Compare with other Book Stores?
BookHolders' cash values are usually higher, but it depends on the supply and demand of the book.
- What do I have to do?
Just drop by BookHolders, with your books of course, and we'll give you cash in hand or you can get prices to compare.
- How does the Advantage work?
- Drop off your book(s) at any one of our local stores or ship them (we'll give you a pre-paid shipping label) to BookHolders.
- We'll handle everything and sell your book(s).
- Once any of your books have sold, you can pickup a check at BookHolders or have it mailed to your address.
- What Advantages does BookHolders have over Other Used Book stores?
|Comparison Chart ( average book )
|Other Used Book Stores BuyBack || Bookholders Advantage "You Get" Price || BookHolders Cash Now ||USED||NEW|
The "You Get" price is the amount you receive after BookHolders' 15% commission. The advantage listing is based on the suggested selling price, but it may be more or less if you, the seller change the selling price.
- How can BookHolders Give so Much Money Back?
Bookholders acts as service (like a consignment shop), and we take the money that normally goes to the bookstore and give it back to you.
- What do Suggested Selling Price and "You Get" Price mean?
Initially when you drop a book off we'll sell it at the suggested selling price. Once you bring in the book(s), we do a lot of research and determine each book's best selling price, which is a price that will garner you the most money and that will be most likely be sold in a reasonable time frame. You; the seller, also have the ability to modify that price and sell your book at a higher price or a lower price. The "You Get" price is with our 15% commission subtracted from the suggested selling price. The "You Get" price is displayed at the counter during textbook drop off and also on our value page.
- What do I have to do?
Very little! All you have to do is give us the book and we'll do the rest.
- Will any of my Personal Information be Released to the Buyer of my Books?
Nope. We handle the whole process so you remain completely anonymous.
- How do I Register my Books for Selling in the Advantage?
Bookholders has two ways to sign up your books:
- Online: You can fill out our registration form online and simply ship or drop off your books at one of our convenient locations
- Walk In: You can walk in with your books and drop them off at one our stores.
- Can a I Change the Selling Price of my Books?
BookHolders sets up an account for each customer selling books. If you decide to change your book's selling price just go to Seller Services and change the price.
- What if my Address Changes? How do I update my Address so BookHolders can Send me Money for my Books Sold?
You can access your account here and update your personal information.
- What type of Books are Accepted at BookHolders?
We take any textbook no matter where you brought it or what school you used it for.
- What if my Book Doesn't Sell?
You have a few options if your books do not sell. The first thing you should do, is to see if your selling price is too high. Then if you'd like, you can reduce the selling price in an effort to get your book sold (or sold quicker). And as a rule of thumb, buyers usually buy books with the best condition and lowest price. Secondly, if the book hasn't sold for a while, it might be an older edition or an unused book, which in that case you may request the book back in the seller services section. You can also choose to donate your book to charity, as a way to help out your community.
- What if my Book is not the Same Edition as the Class Requirement?
Many students will buy older editions for classes if the price is right, so you may want to list your book at a savings price. BookHolders also sells all over the United States and Internationally including the U.K., Japan, Italy, and many other countries.
- What does BookHolders get out of the Deal?
BookHolders receives a 15% commission on the selling price of your book. There is no fee for dropping or picking up your books. The Advantage "You Get" price is with our 15% commission subtracted from the suggested selling price.
- If I Drop off a Book and it doesn't Sell, can I use CashNow instead?
Yup! At any time you can cash in the book or request it back.
- How do I Purchase a Book?
You can search by class, title, author, or ISBN on BookHolders.com. If the book is located in BookHolders' inventory, you can purchase the book online and pickup it up or you can have it shipped to you!
- What does "Required by Professor" Mean?
The books listed below this title are all the books a professor has required to be used in their class.
- What does "Recommended by Professor" Mean?
The books listed below this title are all the books a professor has recommended, but not required to be used in their class. These usually include study guides, extra reading material, etc.
- What does "Alternative" Mean?
The books listed below this title are all the books that may be an alternative to the required or recommended books. These usually include different publications, book packages, low price editions, international editions, etc. Please check with your professor to make sure that the alternative book can be used in the class.
- What does "Older Edition" Mean?
The books listed below this title are all the book editions that may be an alternative to the required or recommended book edition. In some cases older editions can be used in the class when there is little variance between editions or if the professor allows an older edition. The benefit of an older edition is usually a much cheaper price. Please check with your professor to make sure the book can be used in your class.
- Can I Have my Purchased Book Shipped?
Yes! Just select the shipping option at checkout.
- What is the Shipping Cost?
Please see the bottom of your shopping cart for information on shipping fees.
- What's your Return Policy?
Shipping Orders: Returns must be received within 30 days of purchase date. This excludes Local Delivery purchases.
In-Store Order/Pickup/Local Delivery:
Purchased for a Class: Full Refund if returned within the first week of classes for books purchased during first week of classes or up to 30 days before the start of classes. Extended to the second week with proof of class withdrawal. Same-Day returns at all other times.
Not Purchased for a Class: Same-Day returns.
Apparel and School Supplies: 30 days from the purchase date. Item must be unused and/or unopened.
Additional Details: New books must still be in shrink-wrap for returns. All access codes must be unused and unopened for returns.
| Terp Notes/Student Notes:|
- What are Terp Notes?
- Can I sell my already typed or handwritten notes?
Yes, click here for more information.
- What's the return policy?
All note sales are final unless a class was cancelled or an error has occurred on the part of BookHolders.
- How do I Rent Textbooks from BookHolders?
You have two options. You can either rent the books online, which would be done the same way you would purchase textbooks from our site. Or you can come to one of our local stores and request at the clerk counter for a rental version of your textbook(s) if applicable and available.
- How do I Select a Textbook for Rental Online?
|If a rental is available when browsing or searching for a book, a pull down menu will be visible next to the book's price . To select a rental, just pull down the menu and select rental, then add the item to your shopping cart.|
- How Long do I Have my Rental Books for?
Rental books can only be rented for a semester at a time. For instance, if you rent the book in September for the fall semester, it is due a little after the end of the semester (to give you enough time to study!). The Rental return date will be listed in the book title at checkout.
- How Can I Return my Rented Books?
Either online or at one of our stores. Whether purchased online or at one of our stores, we will email you a pre-paid shipping label towards the end of the semester.
- What Forms of Payment do you Accept for Rental Books?
For rental books, we only accept credit cards.
- Are there any late fees?
- What if I Keep the Book?
Your rental will be converted to a purchase, You will be charged a Non-Return Fee which is 75% of the rental book list price.
- Are all your Books Rentable?
Unfortunately not, however we do have a HUGE selection of rentable books. All of our rentable books have an image to indicate that it can be rented.
- Can I Write or Highlight in my Rented Textbook?
Yes! Normal use highlighting and writing is permitted.
- I Rented a Textbook for a Class I just Dropped - What is Your Return Policy?
Our return policy for rented textbooks is the same for purchased textbooks.